Friday, November 4, 2011

Estee Lauder "Double Wear" Foundation Review


Yes! I know, It has been ages since I've blogged, I was so busy with no internet connection for about two months (my phone data plan doesn't count here)! Plus midterms and lots of homework. Sorry, I'll try to post more often now on.



I'm "slowly" turn into a beauty junkie and actually, I'm kinda enjoying it!
Foundation isn't one of those products that I use every day, and I don't encourage anyone using it on a daily basis.

Here's my favorite foundation (which I like to use lets say on a weekly basis,since I don't use foundation everyday)

 It's amazing! A matte finish foundation with vitamin E, SPF 15 & Hyaluronic acid (for extra hydration) is way beyond awesome!! packaging is great, blends well, medium coverage, and it looks great for day time.

So lets start the Estee Lauder review now..


What I love about it:
- First of all, it doesn't break me out!! I have oily, acne prone skin, so finding a foundation that doesn't break me out is a hard job.
- It blends nicely when I use a damp sponge to apply it, but when I use my fingers or a brush it doesn't blend that good.
- You only need a little amount to get very good coverage! I mean full coverage, and it stays on all day without caking.

Now, what I didn't like:
The bottle itself! Its glass, with no pump.. so you literally POUR the product on your sponge/hand/brush which sometimes turns into a huge mess!! I heard that the MAC pump fits perfectly but I haven't tried it yet.

bottom line, It is a very good foundation. I won't recommend using this foundation on a daily basis, it is thick, it might clog your pours if its used too much. Make sure you remove it before you go to sleep.

I hope this review was useful, I think I'll start posting beauty-related stuff, yet I'll not forget about fashion. Take care all :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the very helpful review Yasmine. It can be so hard to find the right foundation and you've provided some great tips.

    Thanks for sharing! I've just followed you on Twitter and would love it if you could do the same (but please follow my blog too):

    http://beirutchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete